Monday 2 March 2015

062 : Mother's Day Gift Guide 2015

It's Spring! February came and went really quickly, we saw Pancake Day and Valentines come and go in a flash, now, I'm not a massive fan of sentimental days, but I am a firm believer in Mother's Day, it's so nice to have a day to appreciate the woman who bought you into the world & spend time with family. I'm really lucky to have a wonderful mum who's supported me through my brightest and darkest days. Mother's Day also gives me time to reflect on myself as a mother, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be blessed with my two beautiful sons. While I'm incredibly close to my own mum, I do find her difficult to buy for, we have entirely different tastes in everything which always makes it a little tricky. I've put together this little guide with a few of my favourite gift ideas for Mothers Day 2015, spoil her rotten!



(in numerical order, Elemis Sparkling Care Gift Set - £56, Neom Happiness Travel Candle - £16, Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Honey Bath - £33Emma Bridgewater Personalised Rose & Bee Vase - From £25Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Cologne - £82/100mlSophie Conran for Burgon & Ball Gardening Range - £9-£25Ted Baker Casine Cascading Floral Skinny Scarf - £35Cath Kidston Clouds iPad Cover - £28)


For the beauty loving mum, I've picked this gorgeous little Elemis Sparkling Skin Gift Set, it comes in an adorable silver box with lots of little Elemis goodies in it, including; Pro Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm, Aboslute Eye Mask, Rehydrating Gingseng Toner, Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser, Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream and White Flowers Eye & Lip Make-Up Remover. This set is designed to rejuvinate and revitalise the skin,ideal for those mama's that work just a little too hard! Second up, I have the 'Happiness' Travel Candle by Neom. I'm an absolute sucker for a scented candle, I love anything that smells amazing and makes me feel super chilled. The Happiness candle contains white neroli, mimosa, lemon and fresh grass notes, helping to balance emotions and promote a more uplifted and positive state of mind. Neom products are also vegetarian and Neom are massively against animal testing. This sweet little candle would be perfect to have lit whilst having a nice long soak in the bath, hopefully using the Laura Mercier Creme Brulee bath, with scents of caramel, vanilla beans, white musk and creme, it smells divine - it also firms, lifts and tones the skin. Containing vitamins A & E, it moisturises and conditions the skin too. I bought the Laura Mercier Fig Body Scrub a few weeks and I'm besotted with it, it smells gorgeous and has left my skin so soft - a nice alternate option! 

On the subject of smelling gorgeous, is the Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Cologne, described as having the 'sensuality of a seductive red dress' this dark, enigmatic fragrance is laced with pomegranate, raspberry & plum, with subtle hints of pink pepper and Casablanca lily - you can also get your bottle engraved on the Jo Malone website too. I think any mama would be happy to get this on Mothers Day (and Jo Malone boxes with the black ribbons... love some good packaging!). For the mum that loves flowers, I found this amazing vase by Emma Bridgewater, you can have these personalised with anything you like and they come in a range of different designs, I think it's a really nice touch rather than buying a standard vase. It's far more personal & just looks a little more thoughtful, if you've never shopped online with Emma Bridgewater before you also get 15% off your first order. Next up is the Sophie Conran range for Burgon and Ball - this range is priced from £9-£25 so it's good for the purse strings and its a really sweet little range, I love the herb pots - there's a lot of choice, it's worth a look if your mum likes to spend a lot of time preening the garden!

For the more fashion savvy mum, I love this Ted Baker Casine scarf, it's probably not something my own mum would wear but I think it's really chic and I love the bright cascading florals against the dark fabric. At £35 it's a bit of a steal! Finally, if your mum is a little more technologically advanced than mine and knows how to work an Apple product (sorry mum!) this Cath Kidston clouds iPad cover is utterly beautiful, I love the new Clouds range and can imagine laying on the beach or in the garden, iPad in one hand, cocktail in the other! 

I really love the idea of homemade gifts, they're so thoughtful and you can make them so personal to your mum. A little hamper of her favourite homemade foods, you can handmake soap or bath bombs, candles, if you're good at sewing perhaps a sweet cushion. And pop in your favourite picture of the two of you together. Pinterest is full of amazing ideas for homemade Mothers Day gifts - it's definitely worth a browse.

I hope this has given some of you a little inspiration on what to buy one of the most important women in your life this Mothers Day! Let me know what you have planned for your mum this year! 


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Excellent Post! You really try to post every little detail in which you have done awesome job. I am very happy to discover your website. I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information. Buy super fan t shirt

    ReplyDelete

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig