Tuesday 7 May 2013

021 Review : Lee Stafford Hot Shots for Blondes

Hey Belles! Hope you're all having a lovely week, I'm having one of those few weeks where you have absolutely tons to do, but just don't seem to be getting around to actually getting anything done. You know what I mean?! Yep, one of those. A list as long as my arm, but feeling so unproductive!

Anyway... As you know, I have blonde hair. My hair was blonde when I was young and as I hit my teens I began to dye it, blonde, black, brown, pink, purple.. you name it, I've been there. When I turned 17 I decided I wanted it a neutral colour again and so dyed it brown and kept it that way until I was 21. Being naturally pale, I got tired of having dark hair and pasty skin, so I opted for blonde and I've never looked back! My natural hair colour is now mousey, but easy to control.

To keep my hair blonde I tend to use Lee Stafford's Bleach Blondes Shampoo & Conditioner, which are amazing at keeping brassy tones at bay. Then I came across these little beauties..


Being a huge fan of Lee Stafford hair products, it would have been almost criminal for me not to buy them. They claim to target brassy and yellow tones and create a warming ash colour in just 2 minutes! Sounds like a dream...

So, I followed the instructions on the back of the packet, I washed my hair with Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes shampoo, then popped one of these little beauties on, the first thing I noticed was the scent, they smell utterly divine, also, the colour of the actual shampoo can be a little menacing, it is literally bright purple. But don't let it put you off, I left mine on for two minutes, followed with Lee Stafford Bleach Blonde Conditioner and then blow dried as usual. 

The results were amazing. My hair went from a brassy yellow to an ash, almost white-ish blonde. I was so impressed by these little pots of amazingness. I've used them after hair dye accidents when I was left with yellow hair and it went straight back to blonde after using these. If you're looking for a quick fix to get rid of any brassy tones in your hair, I would most definitely recommend these. Be warned though, the longer you leave them on, the more they change the tone of your hair. The last time I used them I accidentally left mine on for four minutes instead of two and was left with a lilacy-pink shade to certain parts of my hair, it did actually look like quite cute, slightly similar to the Feria Toners! 

The best part is, you don't have to use them often, so a little goes a long way. I use mine once every 6-8 weeks to eliminate brassiness, along with my coveted Lee Stafford Lightening Spray to keep my hair blonde.
Hope this helps anyone considering buying these!

You can buy Lee Stafford Hot Shots for Blondes from Boots they retail at £7.49 for 3 shots. 

What are your favourite hair products at the moment?!

Lots of love
xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You've convinced me to put these on my shopping list! Although I use a purple shampoo from time to time, it doesn't seem to make a huge difference and "ash up" my hair like I hoped it would, my hair is just always leaning towards the ginger!

    Thanks for the read and the recommendation :) my favourite product at the moment is the Rituals Shikakai Secret conditioner, I've done a little review on my blog and I'd love it if you could check it out xx

    poppywithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww good!! these are great, literally get rid of all the ginger! you do have to be careful with how long you leave them on though! oooh we sell rituals where i work! staff discount ;) haha ill check it out! my hair is always sooo dry! x

      Delete

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig