Wednesday 15 May 2013

023 May Purchases

Hey Belles! Hope you are all having a fabulous week, I really dislike Wednesdays. It's the least motivating day for me, I never feel like doing much on a Wednesday, anyone else get this or just me?! 

I've been trying to control my spending a little more this month but I couldn't resist a few naughty buys. Spending bans are way harder than they look! So, this month I've bought...


Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips - I've been pining after these for a little while now, I've not had a chance to use them yet but I've found as the weather changes, my skin changes too and my pores become less manageable and more noticeable, I've heard some amazing things about these. Can't wait to try them out!


Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher (Shade 34 Rose d'Or) - I've been using 'Well Dressed' by Mac on my cheeks for the last month and I was starting to tire of it... and then I spotted this little beauty. I'm a total sucker for some cute packaging and the shade is utterly beautiful, its a really English Rose pink with a gorgeous swirl of gold through it. It looks so cute when its on and lasts literally all day. I'm in love!


Essie - Go Ginza - I spotted this in my local Boots and couldn't resist. I don't have any lilacy  nail shades, I'm not a massive fan of purple but I have almost every pink Essie nail polish and really wanted to try something different for Spring. And I'm so glad I did, this kind of reminds me of Muchi Muchi by Essie but its lilac instead of pink. It looks absolutely gorgeous with anything denim and is really chip resistant! I'm super tempted by all of the other Madison Ave-Hue shades now! 


Real Techniques Foundation Brush - I have to admit, I've been really sloppy with my foundation applying and tend to blend it in using my fingers. I've seen these brushes everywhere and they were sold out in my local Boots for ages & ages! But I finally managed to get my foundation-coated mitts on one, I am so so happy with it. I love that when you apply your foundation it doesn't leave your face covered in weird brush marks like cheaper brushes do. It feels great to use and helps to achieve a super flawless complexion. Real Techniques are going up in the world. I'm desperate for one of their stippling brushes, does anyone have it?! 


Sleek Storm Palette - I've been eyeing Sleek products on my Instagram feed for a little while now, Sleek is a brand I've never really known much about. I assumed their products would be pretty expensive and quite hard to get hold of, but then I spotted a Sleek section in Superdrug, I was shocked that this palette was only £7.99! I thought I'd give it a go and I LOVE it. The colours that come in this palette so wearable, I hate it when you get a set of eyeshadows and two thirds of them aren't really wearable colours and just look ridiculous. These shadows look gorgeous on, they blend together really well and stay put and crease free all day. I use mine without any primer on my lids at all and my make-up literally doesn't budge until I take it off in the evening! I can't wait to get some more of these.. only downside, my local Superdrug didn't have any of them on display so they all had to be pulled out of their packaging to get a look at the shades! 

 
Mac Matchmaster Foundation SPF15 (Shade 1.0) - As some of you may have read, I got a little tired of my Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation, I really wasn't getting along with it and decided enough was enough. I visited my boyfriend in Brighton this weekend and couldn't resist a little peek in Mac. I'll do a full review of this in my next post but its utterly amazing. Enough said!


Barry M TMLP Lip Paint - This was a bit of a random buy. I've heard some amazing things about this lip paint was desperate to try it out. So, it looks bright green in its casing but when you put it on, it reacts to the PH levels in your lips to give you the 'perfect' shade of pink for your skintone. I've seen it on other people and think it looks really gorgeous, but I wasn't too sure how it was on me, I think it was a little dark for my liking but I smeared a bit of Bare Minerals Buxom Lips in Katie over the top it did look really cute. Not sure I could wear it everyday!  Here's what it looked like on me! Sorry for the hideous photo! 


What are your favourite buys of this month?! Has anyone tried any of the above products?! Would love to see some links to some TMLP posts! 

lots of love xx
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Wow I really want to try the Barry M Lip Paint! That is so cool! Great post =) found you through #bbunch bloghop! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Found you via bbunch blog! Following you now :)
    Love your blog, definitely keeping posted! Desperate to try those pore strips too!

    Robyn viav x vintageisavirtue blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! aww thank you honey thats so cute!! ive not tried them yet! ill def do a review when ive used them!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Ah I've wanted Go Ginza for a while! Looks so lovely might have to pick it up tomorrow :)
    I found you on the bbunch blog too :) Following!

    Kitten <3
    http://tinymeow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so pretty! such a nice shade for spring, it looks so cute with denim tops/dresses ill follow you back now! xxx

      Delete
  4. Great post, I desperately want the Real Techniques foundation brush is it good? I found you on the bbunch bloghop, I've followed you on bloglovin :)

    http://laurenemma.blog.com/

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh ill follow you back! love your blog! the foundation brush is amazing but ive heard the buffing brush is better?! Although I think the buffing brush only comes as part of a set! xxx

      Delete
  5. I love that little je t'aime blush pot! I've been living in France this past year and am a little obsessed with everything French ;)
    I found your blog through the #bbunch bloghop, I’m excited to start following you :) A Beautiful Twenty-Something Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! aw its amazing, its so similar to the mac mineralize blush! so jealous that you're living in france! x

      Delete
  6. That Essie polish is gorgeous! I'd love to try the TMLP lipstick on me, to see what colour it'd turn!

    Found you via the #bbunch blog hop and have followed you!

    Becca
    http://www.beccasfashionandlife.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so pretty isnt it! im not a fan of lilac but im a total sucker for go ginza! ive just followed you back honey! x

      Delete
  7. Hello Heidi..I had a very similar experience with my Real Techniques brush and now I wonder why I have waited for so long cause it is a m a z i n g :) I will probably get few more soon..

    Anyway lovely blog, I am just following you on blogger..I have just started my own natural beauty products blog..pass and say hi ^^

    http://cleanserblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    Ila x

    ReplyDelete
  8. found ur blog on blog hop. glad i did, it's lovely! :) some great buys, love the nail colour and that lip stick is something I want to try!! :) now following on bloglovin
    looking forward to reading more x
    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks pet! thats so sweet of you, now gonna follow you back :) xx

      Delete
  9. Hello!!

    I found your blog on blog hop!

    Great post, I love the sleek palettes they are so good for the money! Matchmaster foundation is a great one too, I use it a lot!


    makeup-bykerry.blogspot.com

    Kerry xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh i know! so impressed by the sleek palettes, really wasnt expecting them to be as good as they are! cant wait to buy some more im desperate! :) x

      Delete
  10. i really want to try that lipstick! :O

    I found you through the #bloggersbunch blog hop.
    International 750 Follower giveaway
    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really cool! i love how it looks different on everybody! aw thank you honey, now gonna follow you :) x

      Delete

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig