Tuesday 28 May 2013

026 Primers : Mac vs Rimmel

Hey lovelies! Primers are one of the staple products in my make-up bag and for the last couple of months I've been torn between two utterly amazing ones.. 


I actually spotted this Rimmel Primer on someones Instagram feed! I'd never seen it or heard of it before but I popped along to Boots to buy it anyway, I'd been using the same primer for a while and fancied a refresh. It claims to Smooth, Resurface, Brighten, Mattify & Protect the skin. I found that it was really moisturising and blended beautifully into my skin after using my regular moisturiser. It did make applying foundation much easier and it definitely made my skin appear smoother. I don't suffer with oily skin so I'm not sure if mattifies at all! I'd love to hear from anyone else who's used it?! I did really love it and its definitely a product I'd repurchase again and again! I think you really get your moneys' worth here, I use it with Mac Matchmaster Foundation and its amazing.

Some of you may have seen this little beauty on my Birthday Wishlist post & again on my Birthday favourites post, I was pining for this for ages & ages, I absolutely adore Mac products and am yet to find something that I don't get on with. Their foundations are the only ones I can get away with wearing that don't make me look orange (I'm ridiculously pale!) or cakey. I figured the Mac Primer would be the best one to use along with their foundation. And I love that it has a pump. Am I the only one who loves beauty products with pumps?! Amazing. It claims to even out skin redness, blot away excess oil and improve the laydown of foundation. In all honesty, it was good. But not great. I much prefer the Rimmel Primer, my foundation didn't quite sit as well on this primer as it did with the Rimmel one. 

Left Swatch - Rimmel Match Perfection. Right Swatch - Mac Prep and Prime.
 Right photo - Couldn't resist!

I think if you're looking for something that's going to smooth out your skin before you apply foundation, the Rimmel Match Perfection is the way to go, it smells gorgeous & the texture is nice & creamy. If you're looking purely for a base, I'd opt for the Mac Prep & Prime, which had a bit of a stiffer texture. Although I did find that the Mac Prep & Prime did a better job on any skin redness. 

Whats your experience of using either of these primers? Would love to hear what you think of them!

lots of love
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig