Saturday 5 October 2013

032 Review : L'oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution

Hey Belles, hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I know I'm slightly late jumping on the Micellar bandwagon, but boy am I glad I did! I picked up the L'oreal version in my local Superdrug, I've been really impressed with L'oreal products over the last year or so, from their face wipes to their cleansers and toners. They definitely haven't disappointed. Micellar waters aren't a product I knew massive amounts about before investing in, I know tonnes of you guys swear by Bioderma, but I'm yet to try it so this isn't going to be a comparison post.. just yet! I have to admit, I wasn't exactly convinced by Micellar waters, I figured that it would just be another type of make-up remover, without any additional benefits.


The L'Oreal Micellar claims to do three things;
- Dissolve make-up
- Unclog pores and remove impurities
- Tone and soothe skin

As you can see, I've used a fair bit of mine now and I have to say, I'm really impressed! I popped a little onto a cotton pad and as instructed, held it onto my eye for a few seconds before wiping away, I absolutely loved that when you wipe away your make-up, it doesn't smear all over your face. Y'know when you're using a face wipe and it looks and feels as though your just kind of moving your make-up around your chops? Yep, we've all been there. Well, this definitely doesn't do that. It's super gentle on your eyes too, it feels like water and doesn't really have a scent so it tends not to irritate. I'm not sure if it unclogged my pores as my pores aren't massively visible anyway, it was soothing on my skin and really lovely to use.

The only qualm I have with this product was that the hole was a tiny bit too big & I always ended up using a little too much, I think theres a bit of a knack to it but I found there was more wastage than I would have liked.

I've incorporated this into my nightly skincare routine by following up with Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish, I think it's absolutely perfect for a two-step cleansing routine, but not a product I would use alone. A definite repurchase though!

Has anyone else tried this? What did you all think?

Lots of love
xx
 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love this! It's so great for the price but I agree, I wouldn't use it alone, it's perfect before a hot cloth cleanser

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am yet to use a Micellar water though every post I read about them makes me want too x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loveeee this stuff and have been using it every single day since i first discovered it a few months ago :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig