Tuesday 3 December 2013

036 : Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre

Hey Belles! Winter is most definitely here & I thought I'd treat you all to a little lifestyle post. Over the weekend, the Mr and I decided to pop along to the annual Christmas Fayre in my local town of Bury St Edmunds, every year, the usually sleepy town attracts thousands of people to the third largest Christmas market in the UK, who like us, couldn't resist the festive charm & spirit. With handmade trinkets & treasures, more sweets than you can shake a stick at, old fairground rides & games and of course mulled wine & hot chestnuts, its hard to say no. What better way to start feeling the festivities! 


For the young ones, the magic of Christmas is brought alive with real reindeers in the park, Santa's post office - where you can post your letter to Santa, face painting, a story telling tent, the vintage carousel & beautiful lights adorning the streets. But its not just for kids, for the grown ups theres enough mulled wine & hot cider to get you merry and keep you there for a good few days, a huge variety of hot food, from duck wraps, hot donuts, continental cheeses & sausages, carvery rolls, hot chestnuts, fudge.. you name it. Loads of local wines and beers from the brewerys and micro-brewerys around the area, its the perfect place to find a gift for the foodie in your life. And of course, gourmet coffees and delicious hot chocolates to keep those who were driving nice & toasty throughout the evening!


I really love walking around Christmas Markets, for me, it brings me into reality & really makes me feel super festive. I love seeing everyone wrapped up all cosy in their scarves & mittens and seeing little babies in their toasty little onesies & fur lined boots. The actual market itself was lovely, with everything from jewellery, hand blown glass vases & bowls, carved wooden sculptures, vintage hanging decorations (I had my eye on the sweetest little duck egg blue bird!), clothing, artwork, handmade soaps & smellies & live music to bop along to, I think there was a little bit of something for everyone & was definitely the perfect place to pick up a little treat for yourself, bit of christmas shopping!


I'm most definitely feeling festive now, although I'm yet to start my shopping, I can't wait to start wrapping presents! What gets you in the mood for the festive period? PS - what do you all think of the blog makeover?!

Lots of love 
xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. ohh the spirit of holidays <3

    http://fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I just love Christmas fairs :)

    ReplyDelete

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig