Tuesday 12 August 2014

055 ....Tinderella?

I'm 25. And Single. I'm also a self-confessed Tinderella. Yep, I could spend hours searching for Mr Swipe Right, so much so, I barely go out into the real world on the off chance of meeting an amazing man. Plus, with thousands of erm, eligible bachelors to choose from, it's almost impossible to say no. The world is our oyster, full of a whole range of potential pearls.

At my age, both my mum and my sister were planning their weddings. My life consists of cheap cider, Marlboro Reds and trashy TV on TLC - cue endless reruns of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (has anyone seen that?! I'm hooked!) I definitely don't have a boyfriend in the near distant future, let alone a husband!

I live in a small town where the chances of meeting someone you'll be even remotely attracted to are, well, non existant. Even extending the boundaries doesn't get you very far and to be honest, I'm tired of bumping into the same old faces! Honestly, I can't even remember how I met guys before Tinder came along. Plus, taking control and swiping left is just way too satisfying!

Tinder is full of absolute comedy gold. To be honest if you're not really looking for anything serious, it's a good place to start. I've never seen so many photos of heavily sedated animals, if you're yet to enjoy all the err, 'tigers' Tinder has to offer. Here's a choice selection. 



The online dating scene has given us singletons access to more options than we've ever had before, which should make finding 'The One' easy right?

No. 

I've actually been on a lot of Tinder dates and the majority of them have actually been really good, so I haven't quite met Prince Charming yet but I'm certainly kissing a lot of frogs en route! My very first Tinder date was with a guy named Miles, and unfortunately he was completely gay. We're talking gayer than Sex and The Citys Anthony Marentino and Stanford Blatch rolled into one. He was really nice, don't get me wrong, but definitely more gay best friend material. When a man knows more about Angora cardigans than I do, its definitely time to cut ties. 

Tinder definitely has potential for dating, but there's also endless amounts of guys showcasing their wedded bliss on the profile pictures, be prepared for full-frontal nudes, guys with socks over their junk (seriously..) guys on the loo.. its endless. And be prepared for creepy messages, because you can guarantee you'll get one or two! 

One of my favourite features of Tinder is the hilarious messages that pop up when you're yet to speak to someone. 


I know meeting guys on the internet can be a dangerous game, always meet in a well lit, mutual place, tell a friend where you're going and keep them updated throughout your date. Sorry to sound like your mum! 

Tinders definitely a good distraction if you have an hour or so to kill while you're travelling or waiting around in waiting rooms! What do you guys think of Tinder dating?! I'd love to know your thoughts!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love this post, super amusing! (Honestly I am so tired and you kept me engaged through every word) I haven't tried tinder before but it's around, I think it's more something I'd do for lols with the friends xxx

    ReplyDelete

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig