Monday 30 June 2014

048 Review : MUA Palettes

Hey Lovelies! Hope you all had a lovely weekend! I can't believe its July tomorrow, is it just me or is this year flying by?! Now, I'm not sure about you guys, but when it comes to buying make-up, skincare, bath products... well anything really.. I'm a bit of a massive snob. I'm not sure why, I've just always opted for higher end brands, I've always believed that you get what you pay for, and if you pay crap money, you get... well, crap. That was until quite recently, when I saw the MUA palettes floating around the blogosphere and people were raving & raving about them. I know I'm a little late to the party on these little beauties, but I love them so much, I couldn't not write about them.

MUA has been a brand I've known quite little about, its one of those brands that I tend to walk past in Superdrug, notice its there but never stop to get a good gander at their products. I've paid over £30 for high end brand palettes in the past, and at £4 each, you just can't say no to MUA. I was shocked at just how affordable they were and to be honest I wasn't expecting amazing quality, but have to admit, I was definitely far too close minded.

 (top left: Undress Me Too. top right: Heaven & Earth. bottom left: Undressed. bottom right: Starry Night)

As you can see, my Undressed palette has been really well used! The one thing I love about these palettes is that they blend so beautifully, the shades are all super wearable and the amount of looks you can create with them are almost endless. I always use a base on my lids before applying eyeshadow, I'm currently using a Mac Paint Pot in shade Bare Study, as a creamy, light champagne coloured base. I then build up the colour on my lids, starting with the inner corner, working out to the middle and onto the outer corners. 


This has to be my favourite of the MUA palettes that I've tried. It had me at hello, I'm a sucker for neutral shades and with this, you can create perfect smokey eyes. I love shades of gold and champagne and with twelve choices in this pretty little palette, I think its a definite staple and one that I would buy again and again.


A beautiful addition to the MUA Palette family, Undressed Me Too has 12 gorgeous, timeless shades. I prefer shimmer shadows over matte, but this palette has a really good combo of the two which blend together beautifully. I do prefer its little sister but I think its a nice addition to have!


 Heaven & Earth is a really lovely palette, I picked it up on a bit of a whim, after all, you can never have too many neutrals right?! I really fell in love with all the gorgeous shades and with the berries and deep golds, I think this is going to be my staple palette for winter, the lighter shade in the top left is great for highlighting the inner corner and under the brow bone but I definitely feel this is more of an autumn palette.


Starry Night was another palette that I picked up on a bit of a whim, I don't often wear coloured eyeshadows but I really loved the colours in this palette. It has twelve beautiful shades of blues, pinks and greys which you can use to create endless amounts of looks. I think a lot of them would be perfect for nights out. I've used the purple shades quite a few times and didn't think I'd like them too much, I'm a little scared of having too much colour on my eyes and always feel I'd look a little clown-like - but these blend so gorgeously that they actually don't look overpowering when they're on the eye. I love that you can blend with them with the soft champagne from the Undressed Palette, or the silver in this one. I have to say, I'm an MUA convert. Utterly besotted!

Have you tried any of the MUA Palettes? What does everyone think?!



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the Heaven & Earth palette, so many gorgeous neutral shades :)

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig