Tuesday 29 January 2013

006 Body Butters : Nip & Fab vs Soap & Glory

As Autumn tucks itself up in bed and Winter peeps its head around the corner, I stock up on Body Butters. This time of year really dries out my already dry skin, especially on my arms and legs. I love Body Butters, they really restore the moisture back into my skin and leave me feeling silky soft, definitely a staple on product on my dressing table during winter! 


I recently bought 'Butter Yourself' by Soap & Glory and Nip + Fab's Pistachio Sundae Dry Skin Fix. Both are absolute favourite brands of mine, I adore Soap & Glory's beautiful scents and the way their products make you feel so relaxed and really fresh, I'm a total sucker for some pretty packaging too!

Butter Yourself is a fruity body moisturiser, containing orange waterjuice, shea butter, peppermint oil, fruitliquid fig and exfoliating AHA's, I'd never heard of AHA's before so decided to do a little research.

AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acids, these are chemical compounds that occur naturally in fruits, milk and sugar cane. AHA's help to reduce the appearance of skin wrinkling as well as even the tone of the skin, soften and smooth. 

I popped some Butter Yourself onto my legs after a hot bath, when my skin is at its driest, the scent wasn't what I expected, it's not quite as sweet as the other Soap & Glory products but nevertheless was a nice relaxing fruity smell which clung to my skin quite a while after I'd put it on. My skin felt immediately moisturised and you can really feel that it works, it wasn't at all sticky and didn't dry out either. It's definitely one of my favourite Soap & Glory products and really helped my exceptionally dry skin!


Nip + Fab products have been a total savior for me, their Tummy Fix is amazing and really really helped me after having my sons. The Pistachio Sundae Dry Skin Fix claims to repair dry and dehydrated skin, I have to say I was a little disappointed in this product, the smell wasn't really nutty as it claims to be and it wasn't a particularly nice smell either, it wasn't really feminine or sweet. Although this body butter does come in other scents; Coconut Latte, Cherry Tarte and Mango Smoothie, I am wishing I'd bought the cherry tarte as I think I would have preferred the smell of it. After rubbing into my legs, it immediately dried out, it did leave my skin feeling super soft but didn't really moisturise like I expected it to.

For me, the Soap & Glory Butter Yourself was a clear winner, it did exactly as I expected it to, smelled really pretty and left my skin feeling absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately I think the Pistachio Sundae just maybe wasn't right for my skin type. I think maybe my skin was a just tad too dry!

What are your favourite dry skin fixes?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig