Thursday 9 January 2014

040 : Review : Ciaté Sequin Manicure

Hey lovelies! I know I'm a little late to the Christmas/New Years Eve nail party but.. better late than never hey! Nails are one of those things that I wish I could take more care of and spend more time on, but I just don't, I paint them and thats about as far as it goes. I love painting my nails but when it comes to doing pretty designs or anything remotely artistic, I suck. I spend a lot of time using my hands.. (minds out of the gutter, girls!) as a mama of two boys, I spend tons of time cleaning, tidying, cuddling, preparing food.. the list goes on and on. My little talons just weren't made to look beautifully manicured! Over the festive period however, I do like to indulge in a little bit of sparkle, my nails were adorned in Nails Inc's 'Bora Bora' - the prettiest pastel gold. But I just felt like it wasn't quite enough. And then I saw this...



I picked this up where I work and it was very much a last minute, bit of a whim buy. But I'm so glad I did! It's the first kind of nail 'kit' I've bought, they always look a little bit too fiddly and a little bit intimidating for me!


The Ciaté sequin manicure set comes with three products; a pot of sequined glitter, some 'glitter grip' and a little brush, along with instructions. It was so easy to use, you just paint your nails with a layer of glitter grip and wait for it to dry. Then, paint a second coat of the glitter grip, one nail at time & whilst the nail is still wet, you roll it into the pot of glitter then use a clean, dry finger to press the sequins gently into your nail (this was the fiddly part for me!) you then use the little nail brush to sweep away any excess sequins & paint again with a third coat of glitter grip.

And voila! ....



Sorry its not the best photo, I was having camera issues & had to use my iPhone, excuse my teeny nails too! I was super happy with the result and it last ages, I didn't need to touch them up for a couple of weeks & I was a little wary of sequins dropping off in the bath or during hand washes but they stayed put which I found pretty impressive.

The set I got was in the shade Harlequin, the sequins are blues, reds, greens, silvers & golds. But after a little research, I found it comes in other colours too, including a gorgeous black & gold and a set which has different shades of pink which is just beautiful! I'd really love to try their other kits, I've got my beady eyes on the chalkboard set!

What do you think of the sequin manicure? Have you tried any of the Ciaté nail kits?

Lots of love
xxx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These look so pretty! I always try and fail with kits like this, but it looks so cute xxx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for sparkle and i think this looks fabulous :D I have never tried Ciate nail products before so i would love to give it a try :)

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig