Friday 3 January 2014

039 : 2014 Goals & Resolutions

(image source: weheartit)

Hey Dolls! Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas/New Year! It was a quiet one for me - how incredible were Londons NYE fireworks though?! I was mesmerised! I can't believe we're already into 2014, to be honest I'm kind of glad to see the back of last year as it was pretty tough for me. A new year is always a good excuse for a fresh start too, I don't usually set myself any particular resolutions or goals as I never stick to them! So this year I'm gonna make an extra special effort to see them through & hopefully by the end of the year I'll feel as though I've really achieved something!

- Eat Clean
I know everyone loves to get fit & healthy when the new year arrives & I'm no exception, when it comes to cooking, I can do it, but I don't have much patience. This year I really want to learn to cook properly and eat as much colourful food as I can, clean, organic foods which I hope can give me more energy & a healthier body. I'm really keen on learning new recipes and trying new out new foods.

- Drink More Water
I'll be honest, I never drink water. Literally never. The only time I ever have water is in a cup of tea or coffee, I'm not sure why, but I just don't like it. I drink way, way too many fizzy drinks & juices. I really want to cut down, I know drinking more water will make me feel better inside & give my skin the extra bit of hydration it really needs, especially during the colder months. 

- Start Baking Again
I used to love baking, a few years ago I was running my own cake business, I was putting all of my energy and effort into researching, marketing & boosting it - and then I got really sick, when I got ill I lost all of my energy & all of my passion, which is really sad as I know my love of baking is still there. Its definitely something I want to pick up on again.

- Be the best Mama I can 
My sons are the most important little people in my life, Alfie will be 7 this year and Oliver will be turning 4, he starts 'big school' in September which is a huge step as a mother. I remember Alfie's first day at school and it was so emotional - watching him blossom there over the last two years has been incredible. There's no better feeling than motherhood, I look at my two boys & feel so proud of them & so fortunate to have them. I really want to give them the best start in life & watch them grow into lovely young men. I always try my absolute hardest to give them all the love & nourishment they need & 2014 will be no exception.

- Devote More time to Blogging
I know last year I didn't post as much as I intended to, I started my blog a year ago this month (happy birthday blush & belle!) - this year I'm really going to push myself to post way more & grow my little blog in new & exciting ways. I really hope to meet lots of new lovely bloggers too! 

- Beat Depression
I think this is the toughest goal for me, having been diagnosed with depression at age 14, ten years ago, I have been stable for the last few years but early last year I suffered a major relapse and went as far as trying to take my own life - more than once. Last year was a really tough one, I really want to do all I can to beat this illness & I will exhaust every option. I've spent the last nine months or so seeing various different mental health professionals & I feel as though I'm really getting the help I need now - onwards and upwards!

- Be More Frugal
I'm awful with money, I spend when I really can't afford to and never save. Like most people, I really want to own my own house at some point in the future, so I know I need to start saving some money. Buy less of the things I really don't need (cherry bakewells are always essential in the weekly food shop right..?) and put away some more pennies where I can. I really want to try upcycling some furniture too, to save some money & give my house a more personal twist - thanks for inspo Kirstie Allsop! 
So there you have it, just a few of the things I want to achieve for the coming year, have you got any new years resolutions or goals? Link me to your posts below! 

Lots of love
xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig