Tuesday 21 January 2014

041 Review : Bleach White Toner

Hey Lovelies! Hope everyone is well and settling into 2014! I've had a really busy few weeks and am really appreciating a lovely sit down a catch up with my favourite blogs! (leave me links your below!) 

I've been really pining to get my hair done for ages & ages, its naturally quite mousey and having experimented with every colour of the rainbow over the last ten years, I settled on blonde about four years ago. I love being a blonde but had forgotten how hard is it to maintain, having to get your roots done more often, the brassiness and general maintenance, it usually costs me over £100 just to get my hair cut, toned and my roots done, at this time of year it just isn't doable, with Christmas just gone by and all of my pennies spent, it was time to take matters into my own hands. I don't mind roots too much, but I hate the brassiness of blonde, after a few months my hair takes on a light yellowy orange tone and I can't bear it. Bleach was a brand I hadn't actually heard of until they bought out their range of dyes and shampoos in Boots, I decided to pick up some of their White Toner and give it a try.


I really like Bleach's packaging, I love how its a little different and a bit edgy, I love the unusual shape of the box and the fact that it doesn't have a picture of Davina McCall on the front. Having tried various silver shampoo, I figure it was time to up my game. I always find silver shampoo works to an extent, but my hair always needs an extra boost to eliminate all of the brassiness completely.


Inside the box was: 

- 80ml Developer Lotion
- 1 tube of Colourant
- 50ml Reincarnation Mask
- Plastic Gloves
- Instructions

The instructions stated to wash your hair first and towel dry, then to mix up the developer lotion with the colourant and give the bottle a good old shake, then to apply onto your towel dried hair, starting from the roots and sectioning it as you go. The toner was a white colour before you put it onto your hair and it was a really nice consistency, I hate hair dyes that are really runny and just drip absolutely everywhere. It was pretty mess free, although I did have a few qualms with the gloves. They were MASSIVE and they slipped about here, there and everywhere. I'd suggest buying some vinyl gloves from your local supermarket before using this as they'd work far better. My hands aren't tiny but they honestly look like they were made for a giant and I found them quite tricky to use. 


The instructions stated not to leave the toner on for more than 20 minutes. I left mine for 20 minutes exactly before washing off, giving it a shampoo at the same time. I then popped the Reincarnation Mask on for 5 minutes, as the instructions said to. I've used the Reincarnation Mask before and its amazing, its definitely one of the best hair masks that I've used. It leaves your hair so super soft, lots of blondes will know that our hair can dry out quite quickly but this really restores moisture and leaves hair feeling beautiful.

I blow dried my hair - I didn't add any additional products as I usually would as I wanted the best results - and was actually really impressed. I'd heard mixed reviews about this toner but it definitely eliminated the majority of my brassiness, I think I'd need another box to eliminate it completely but it did an amazing job at getting my hair back to a more natural shade of blonde, I was a little concerned about the roots as they were quite mousey and I did wonder if it would go a little yellowy, but actually they now blend really nicely with my hair! 

I'd definitely use this toner again and for anyone wanting to eliminate brassiness I think its a must. At £7 aswell you just can't go wrong! Next.. Bleach Rose Hair Dye?

Has anyone tried Bleach products? What do you all think?

Lots of love
xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig