Tuesday 15 July 2014

052 Review : Too Faced Sweethearts Blush / Theres Something About Berry

Hey lovelies, hope you're all having a nice week! I'm super glad the sunshines out, we have finally have some flowers growing in our garden which are starting to look really cute! When it comes to blushers, I've never been overly fussed. I usually tend to go for lipstick or foundation, nail polishes and eye make-up over blusher. When I saw the Too Faced Sweethearts blusher though, it was love at first sight. I think I fell for the cute packaging more than the actual product but I finally caved and bought it.



The little heart shaped box really reminded me of the Charbonnel et Walker chocolate boxes (chocolate on the brain!) it's so cute, with a gold base and hot pink lid with gold detailing. It's a strong cardboard material, for the price, I can't help but feel a more luxurious material could have been used, like a little tin! The actual packaging feels almost cheap to hold, something I wouldn't have expected for a product costing £26.


The blush itself is a baked blush, with three shades that can be blended together, or used individually, which I found a bit tricky with my Real Techniques blush brush, as the layers are fairly thin in width. There's a hot pink, a coral-y pink and a muted mauve pink. They look really shimmery in their packaging but this doesn't come off so much when applied. I usually blend the shades together when applying but I found that the hot pink shade takes center stage and seems to be the only shade you can really notice. It has good staying power with it lasting most of the day, but I have to say I'm slightly disappointed that the brighter shade overpowers the other two, as I think the other two shades are really pretty. I'm really pale skinned so it shows up quite prominently on my cheeks and I have to really blend it in well to not look like something out Chucky! 


Here it is on my cheeks, as you can see, I have blended it really well and the colour is quite strong! I have my eyes set on the Candy Glow shade which I think will look a little better on my pale skin! I have to say, I'm a tiny bit disappointed I didn't like this more than I do. I do prefer my Soap & Glory blush as it has more shimmer to it and is just a prettier colour. I usually love Too Faced products so I feel a little disheartened by this!

Have you tried Theres Something About Berry? I'd love to know your thoughts & if anyone feels the same as I do about it!




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. wow this is stunning haven't seen it before, love the aesthetics xxx

    ReplyDelete

say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Blush and Belle. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig